Friday, June 11, 2010

I Want (In Memory of A Friend I Never Knew)








I want

I want my life back

I used to fly on silver's blue

Gliding inches above the dew

I used to fly the clean, clear gulf

Now hacking up parts of myself

I flew,

Graceful, sleek

Never wanting,

'til last week,

Now, I'm dying in agony,

It's slow & painful

100 degrees

A thousand things are causing my death

The heat

The lack of oxygen

Nostrils burn

Toxic fumes

Gut striated, oil ruined

Blinded by this thick, brown muck

Can't eat

Can't walk

Can't feel

Can't touch

Blue, dazzling skies

To bleak brown, sludge

Between my feet

Caught, held, stuck

And I'm dying here

Come sooner now

Burning, irritated, red

I'd scream if I could

Energy's gone

Lay in the sludge

Wait for dusk

No hurricane's gonna clean this bird

I'll never see again my World

Ears blocked

Brown curd

From nowhere

Blue to brown

Without a sound

No indication

Silent death

Thick brown cloud

Ugliness

Enveloping my entire soul

Dragged deep down

Deep water drowned

Confusion reigns

Worst of all

Don't understand

Where'd my blue go

I want

My life

Back

Beyond

Petrol






































Image from: http://westernviews.us/category/birds/pelican/page/2/

No comments:

Post a Comment